12 July 2010

What’s Wrong with This Picture?

An “issue” we are perpetually working on with Katrina is her frequent complaining. I have noticed, however, that sometimes she looks completely surprised when hubby or I get annoyed with her comments. She denies that whatever she said was complaining.

I’m beginning to think that some of her complaining is just her noticing details and offering her commentary. Case in point: look at the picture below. It’s from the Blendy Pens kit she received from a friend for her birthday. She felt it was good enough to post on our kitchen bulletin board.

Yesterday evening, though, Katrina told me that there was something wrong with the picture. See if you can guess what it is. (answer below)

019

Did you see it? The error? No?

There are not enough stripes in the rainbow. Katrina noted that there should be one more stripe. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue…and purple. “I couldn’t color the purple stripe, Mama, because they didn’t put enough stripes on the rainbow. See?”

The kid is right. Although, to be totally technical about it, there should be two more stripes (ROY G BIV, right? I have no idea where she gets her need to correct small details, though ;) ).

Should I call the Blendy Pen people and point out their grave error?

No comments: